Does God always answer our prayers?
Jesus promises, and I trust His words, that God always hears and does answer our prayers. “7 Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. … “ (Matthew 7:11) This teaching of Jesus doesn’t promise that God gives us what we want, but that He gives what is good.
What does the Bible say about God not hearing our prayers?
1. John 9:31 – “We know that God does not listen to sinners. … 1 Peter 3:12 – “For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
Why God does not answer our prayers?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … – If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and you don’t correct them, you ‘regard iniquity in your heart’ and thus should forget about God answering your prayers.
Can unforgiveness block your prayers?
The Bible says your prayers can be hindered by several things. … The first prayer blocker is unforgiveness. When you harbor resentment, offense, bitterness, or anger toward another person it blocks your prayers.
Does God listen to everyone’s prayers?
I’ve concluded that God hears all who pray, but for us to receive his answers, we must live the commandments and seek him. … Prayer is communication between God and man. When we approach the Lord in prayer to seek knowledge and wisdom, our questions should be faithful questions.
Do not pray in the open?
Summary. Jesus taught, “When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men … but when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your father who is unseen.”
How should a beginner pray?
What are the steps for praying?
- Adoration and praise. Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. …
- Recognize God’s will and sovereignty. …
- Express your needs and don’t forget to pray for others. …
- Repent and ask for forgiveness. …
- Ask God to keep you from temptation. …
- Close with praise and adoration.
How do you get God to talk to you?
How To Hear The Voice of God
- Humble yourself and get on your knees.
- Pray to God to reveal Himself to you in a way that can’t be missed.
- Use my “Prayer To Hear God’s Voice” below.
- Ask God to speak to you, in the name of Jesus.
- Go on about your life and pay attention.
Is it OK to pray silently?
Personally, I do believe that silent prayer is perfectly fine. If it wasn’t, I think Jesus would have told us so. Whether you pray in silence or out loud, I believe that God hears both kind of prayers. As long as your prayers are earnest, He will hear and answer them.
Is there a right or wrong way to pray?
If you are speaking to God, it is impossible to do it wrong. There is no wrong way to pray. People need verification that what they are doing is OK.