What does the word divers in the Bible mean?
In the King James translation of the Bible, and similar older literature, “various diseases“; compare “diverse” …
What does the Bible say about divers?
In the King James Bible, Matthew 24:7 states: For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
What does temptations mean in the Bible?
In the Bible the word temptation primarily denotes a trial in which man has a free choice of being faithful or unfaithful to God; only secondarily does it signify allurement or seduction to sin.
What is the meaning of the Bible verse James 1/2 4?
(1) The genuineness of your faith results in endurance in faith. (2) The genuineness of your faith results in endurance in good works. (3) The genuineness of your faith results in endurance against adversity. (4) The testing of your faith results in endurance in faith.
What does divers kinds of tongues mean in the Bible?
speaking with other tongues, as the Spirit gives the utterance. Divers kinds of tongues is one of. the nine gifts of the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is not automatically given to you because you have repented of your sins and.
What do you mean by diver?
(daɪvəʳ ) Word forms: plural divers. countable noun. A diver is a person who swims under water using special breathing equipment.
Where in the Bible does it talk about pestilence?
26:25, when Israel falls into covenant violations, God says, “I will send pestilence among you.” In II Chronicles 6:28, Solomon says if there is pestilence, famine or blight, may God hear from the temple the prayers of the people.
What different places mean?
2 of different kinds, though often within the same general category; diverse.
What do you understand by the medical condition known as bends?
Decompression sickness, also called generalized barotrauma or the bends, refers to injuries caused by a rapid decrease in the pressure that surrounds you, of either air or water. It occurs most commonly in scuba or deep-sea divers, although it also can occur during high-altitude or unpressurized air travel.
What are the 3 sources of temptation?
The three sources of temptation have been described as:
- world — “indifference and opposition to God’s design”, “empty, passing values”;
- flesh — “gluttony and sexual immorality, … our corrupt inclinations, disordered passions”;
- the Devil — “a real, personal enemy, a fallen angel, Father of Lies, who …
What is the root of temptation?
The Latin word temptare, or to taste, is where temptation comes from, which makes a lot of sense when you think of that bag of peanut butter cups calling to you from the kitchen.
What are the ways of overcoming temptation?
THE BELIEVERS RESPONSIBILITY TO OVERCOME TEMPTATION
- Be conscious of God’s provision to help you in any tempting situation. …
- Take heed to Gods Word. …
- Pray for the Strength. …
- Forgo Self Gratification. …
- Grow into Spiritual Maturity. …
- Surround yourself with people of value. …
- Resist the Devil. …
- Run away from Dangerous Spots.