What causes God not to answer prayers?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … – If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and you don’t correct them, you ‘regard iniquity in your heart’ and thus should forget about God answering your prayers.
What stops prayers from being answered?
What stops my prayers from being answered?
- Taking God for granted: Nobody wants to be taken for granted. …
- Lacking Faith, Boldness, and Expectancy: God wants us to rely on Him and to come to Him knowing that He wants to help us. …
- Not Understanding the Heart of God: God is a God of love. …
- Giving up too Quickly:
What does the Bible say about God not hearing our prayers?
1. John 9:31 – “We know that God does not listen to sinners. … 1 Peter 3:12 – “For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
Does God get tired of hearing our prayers?
Every time He answers our prayers, He does so out of love and concern for us. … As Christians doing our best to live a godly life, God won’t answer those prayers which interfere with His will for our lives. The Bible says that our heavenly Father knows our every need before we even come to Him.
Can unforgiveness hinder prayer?
The Bible says your prayers can be hindered by several things. … The first prayer blocker is unforgiveness. When you harbor resentment, offense, bitterness, or anger toward another person it blocks your prayers.
Why does it feel like God is not listening?
In Psalm 139: 23 the psalmist is humbly crying out to God to search his heart and reveal any hurtful attitudes or anxiety, so that He may walk blamelessly WITH the Lord. So this is where I start when I feel God is not listening to my cries to Him, at repentance.
Does God listen to everyone’s prayers?
I’ve concluded that God hears all who pray, but for us to receive his answers, we must live the commandments and seek him. … Prayer is communication between God and man. When we approach the Lord in prayer to seek knowledge and wisdom, our questions should be faithful questions.
What are the dangers of unforgiveness?
The Harmful Effects of Unforgiveness
- They’ll think they got off easy and do it again.
- They hurt me, so we can’t forgive them.
- What they did was horrible, and they shouldn’t be let off the hook. …
- They don’t deserve it; they haven’t even repented!
- They don’t seem to care one way or another if they’re forgiven.