Why do some prayers go unanswered?
It might be our own suffering, the suffering of a loved one or the suffering of the world. It might be the physical suffering of sickness or the mental suffering of a bad situation. These are good and honorable requests. So, when these prayers seem to go unanswered, it can cause some people to turn their backs on God.
What is considered a selfish prayer?
A selfish prayer is one that exalts personal needs over God while a selfless prayer exalts God over personal needs. … Psalm 37 verse 4 says: ‘Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. ‘ God is powerful and mighty but he cannot love and worship himself.
How do you keep praying when there is no answer?
Why Keep Praying When There Is No Answer? – Daily Hope with Rick Warren – July 16, 2020
- Persistent prayer focuses your attention. …
- Persistent prayer clarifies your request. …
- Persistent prayer tests your faith. …
- Persistent prayer prepares your heart for the answer.
Why is God not answering my prayers?
– As long as your prayers are for selfish motives, driven by pride hidden in your heart, God will not answer them. … – If you knowingly condone sin, whether it’s happening to you or to someone else, and you don’t correct them, you ‘regard iniquity in your heart’ and thus should forget about God answering your prayers.
Why God says no to our prayers?
The overarching purpose of all that God does—including His no to many of our most heartfelt prayers—is the praise of His glorious name (Isa 48:11).  God will not grant our prayers if they will detract from His glory. Jesus delayed so that His Father might receive maximum praise.
Where do my prayers go?
Where Do My Prayers Go? is a children’s book that’ll captivate your child’s imagination, and most importantly get him or her to consider what happens when they lay down to sleep, praying the Lord their souls to keep. … It encourages them to pray for others.
How can I be sure God listens to my prayers?
How to practice listening prayer
- Come to God with your request for guidance. …
- Wait in silence for God to speak for 10-12 minutes. …
- Jot down any Scripture, songs, impressions, or pictures God gives you. …
- Share how God spoke to you with your prayer partners and follow God’s will.