What are the 4 categories of books in the Bible?
The four categories of the Old Testament include the Pentateuch, the Historical books, the Poetic and Wisdom writings, and the Prophets, which can be further subdivided into the Major Prophets and Minor Prophets.
What are the five categories of books in the New Testament?
Terms in this set (5)
- Gospels. The first four books of the New Testament are the Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. …
- Acts. The fifth book of the New Testament is Acts of the Apostles, or simply “Acts.” Acts recounts the early history of Christianity. …
- Paul’s Epistles and Hebrews. …
- General Epistles. …
How are the books of the Bible grouped together?
The Bible is arranged into two main sections: The Old Testament and the New Testament. The Old Testament, which consists of 39 books, is about God’s relationship with the people of Israel. The New Testament consists of 27 books and is about Jesus and the church that He established.
How many categories are in the Bible?
They are twelve i.e. Note: The following are the books of the Bible referred to as the writings; Job.
What are the 4 main divisions of the New Testament?
The New Testament contains 27 books written in Greek by 15 or 16 different authors between 50 C.E and 120 C.E. It can be divided into 4 groups: Gospels, Acts of the Apostles, Epistles, and Apocalypse.
What are the 5 major divisions of the Old Testament?
1 Five Divisions
The Protestant Old Testament contains thirty-nine books, which are divided into five sections: Law, History, Wisdom — sometimes known as Poetry, Major Prophets and Minor Prophets. According to Dr.
What are the 8 sections of the Bible?
Terms in this set (8)
- Section #1 The Law. Genesis-Deuteronomy.
- Section #2 – History. Joshua-Esther.
- Section #3 – Poetry. Job-Song of Solomon.
- Section#4 – Prophecy. Isaiah-Malachi.
- Section#5 – Gospels. Matthew – John.
- Section#6 – History. Acts.
- Section #7 – Epistles. Romans-Jude.
- Section #8 – Prophecy. Revelation.