Divine authority may refer to: God, or God’s power. Divine right of kings – claims of divinity or authority such as in the titular “king of kings”. … Scripture – the authority of religious texts. Sola scriptura – the concept that the Bible alone has authority.
What does the Bible say about divine strength?
“Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.” “But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”
What does divine will mean in the Bible?
The will of God or divine will is the concept of a God having a will (i.e. particular desire) for humanity. Ascribing a volition or a plan to a God generally implies a personal God (God regarded as a person with mind, emotions, will). It is often conflated with God’s plan.
What is the power from God?
(1) God’s power, the sort of power that dwells within every born-again believer and energizes his/her life and ministry is not the sort of “thing” that you can touch or contain in a bottle. It is the very energy of the life of God himself. It is the supernatural energy that emanates from God’s being.
What divine right means?
divine right of kings, in European history, a political doctrine in defense of monarchical absolutism, which asserted that kings derived their authority from God and could not therefore be held accountable for their actions by any earthly authority such as a parliament.
What constitutes divine revelation?
Divine revelation is in essence not about things or religious ideas or even commandments of God: divine revelation is God’s disclosure of himself. The ultimate revelation of God is Jesus Christ, his Son. … Jesus taught his followers both personally and in the gift of the Holy Spirit (John 16:37).
What does divine strength mean?
1 of, relating to, or characterizing God or a deity. 2 godlike. 3 of, relating to, or associated with religion or worship. the divine liturgy. 4 of supreme excellence or worth.
What does Isaiah 40 29 mean?
More About This Verse
Are you struggling or suffering? God gives a fresh supply of spiritual—supernatural—strength and faith to those who have humble dependence on Him. When we try to get through difficulties in our own strength, we often fall short and become weary, unable to bear the burden.
What are the most powerful Bible verses?
My Top 10 Powerful Bible verses
- 1 Corinthians 15:19. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
- Hebrews 13:6. So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. …
- Matthew 6:26. …
- Proverbs 3:5-6. …
- 1 Corinthians 15:58. …
- John 16:33. …
- Matthew 6:31-33. …
- Philippians 4:6.
What is God’s divine?
In traditional Christian theology, divinity is the state or quality of being divine, and can denote Godly nature or character. … The divinity in the Bible is considered the Godhead itself, or God in general. Or it may have reference to a deity.
What is the divine plan?
A plot that involves two assassination attempts, KGB scheming, CIA intrigue and the final act to topple the Soviet Empire.
What are the two types of God’s will?
The different wills of God
- The predestined / sovereign / decreed will of God. …
- The preceptive or command will of God. …
- The preferential or desiderative will of God; also called God’s will of disposition. …
- The directive will of God. …
- The discerned will of God.